Tuesday, January 26, 2010

layers and smart filters


1. What do you call a box of ducks? A box of quackas! Rexburg, Idaho. 1-26-10. F/14, 1/125. Nikon D3000
2. Brett's apple: Idaho Falls, Idaho 1-06-10. F/4.3 1/13 Nikon D3000

Well i had the hardest time with the second photo. I couldn't get the mask to go away i kept erasing the whole layer. I just like this photo because originally when i tried to take this picture my dad blocked the camera with the apple. It has since been reenacted. The duck photo i think looks a little rigid but is still fun.

4 comments:

  1. I really like the apple. The colors are really bright and the focus is on the apple. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both these photos because I think they are pretty humorous. :) The duck has a funny expression on it's face and the one with the apple is like "super apple" or something, lol! Good job working with those filters- they can be tricky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job on the focus and burnt edges of the apple. Of the two it's my favorite. The duck picture was a little rigid and bland, but a cool picture still.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that the apple is my favorite too. I'm actually a fan of the burned edges being a bit over done, I think the darkness along with force of that apple being shoved at the camera give an attitude to the shot. The ducks seem to have auras...intentional? I'm glad the foreground duck took the cue to pose.

    ReplyDelete