Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Color study; red



1)shoes- 1/15, f5.6, my apartment in Rexburg, 01-09-10 Nikon D3000.
2)red ribbon- 1/25, f5.6, Idaho Falls, 01-06-10 Nikon D3000.

I felt like the color red was what I like to call a "pop" color. Using the different shades of red with different contrast really make it stand out more. I cropped the red shoes and changed the saturation levels after doing that the whites were brighter and the red deeper. The red ribbon is just a close up on a Christmas bow from the holidays. I like it because of the dark red shadows and pretty much because you wouldn't expect it to be a bow.

6 comments:

  1. I did red also, but I love the brightness of your red ribbon. What a great picture that reminds me totally of christmas. I also love the shoes with the different pattern and textures. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red seems to me the "it" color, because I chose red as well. I love your ribbon color because of the vibrant color as well as the uniqueness of the shot. I like that I couldn't really tell what it was until I read your description. Beautiful shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the composittion of your shoe is pretty great. I liek the contrast between the dull carpet and the vibrant red colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't even tell that was a Christmas ribbon. You made me take a second look to figure out what it was...job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how simple both of these things are but the pictures make them look even better. The Christmas ribbon is a really cool macro shot. The red is really vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your 1st pic has really vivid color to it. It makes you look at it twice to see what it is. Great job.

    ReplyDelete